Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Toni Gonzaga: 'I'm just doing my job'

After receiving criticisms from people when she announced on "The Buzz" that actor John Prats and singer Rachelle Ann Go broke up, television host Toni Gonzaga said she was just doing her job as a talk show host.

In an interview with "Showbiz News Ngayon," Gonzaga said: "At the end of the day, I’m a showbiz talk show host and I’m embracing it. At stake dito sa trabaho namin ay credibility and panininigdigan namin, prinsipyo namin."

Gonzaga added that she, along with the other talk show hosts, are just delivering the news that the public wish to hear.

"We are doing a public service. Kung ano ang aming balita, iyon lang ang inihahantid namin sa kanilang lahat dahil iyon ang gustong malaman ng taumbayan," she said.

She, however, refused to be compared to TV host Kris Aquino, who is dubbed as the "Queen of Talk."

"Siyempre si Ate Kris hindi naman natin ikumpara ang sarili natin. Ate Kris is Ate Kris. She's the queen of talk. Tayo talkative lang. Hanggang talkative lang talaga tayo," she said.

Meanwhile, Gonzaga thanked the people who voted for her at the Yahoo OMG awards to be the Favorite Talk Show Host.

Gonzaga said she is happy at what she’s doing and she is ready to learn more in the field.

"I'm really happy to be part of the talk family. Nagsimula siya sa Entertainment Live. Ngayon nagma-masters na ako sa The Buzz. I’m learning so much and one thing that I really discovered about my self is that I will really stick to what I know. I will stick to the truth and to my principles," she said.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/06/28/11/toni-%E2%80%98i%E2%80%99m-just-doing-my-job

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More