Sunday, August 7, 2011

Candy Pangilinan: I didn't do enough to protect my son

Comedienne Candy Pangilinan turned emotional on Sunday as she explained her side on the verbal bashing incident involving her and talk show host IC Mendoza.

Pangilinan lamented that she did not do enough to protect her son, a special child, who was included in some media attacks against her.

This weakness, she said, led her to hurt another son and mother in Mendoza and entertainment writer Dolly Anne Carvajal, respectively.

"Ang ironic na nag-react ako dahil nasaktan ako at nasaktan ang anak ko pero nakasakit naman ako ng panibagong bata at nanay ulit. Diba umiikot? Dapat hindi," she said in an interview with Boy Abunda on "The Buzz."


"Nagpapasalamat ako at hindi niya (her son) naiintindihan ang nangyayari. Hindi niya naiintindihan na nahihirapan si Mommy. Hindi niya naiintindihan na namomroblema ako na minsan pag nakikita niya na umiiyak ako sasabihin niya, 'Is that work? Why are you crying, Mom?' Sasabihin ko 'That's work.'

"Feeling ko kulang pa 'yung pagprotektang ginagawa ko para sa kanya. Kaya minsan lalo kong nasisisi 'yung sarili ko na hindi pa ako ganun kagaling na ina, na hindi ako ganun kagaling na tao para maprotektahan ko pa lalo ang anak ko.

Pangilinan also lashed out at some entertainment reporters who keep focusing on the weaknesses of others.

"Siguro ang galit ko doon sa sistema na kailangan in this industry ilabas mo 'yung flaws ng tao. We're all imperfect. Wala namang perfect sa'tin dito. So why can't we understand na lahat tayo, artists, writers, journalists, all of us are not perfect?" she said.

"Let's not focus on the weaknesses and frailties of man. But let's highlight the beauty, 'yung positive. Diba?

"Andun ako kasi hinayaan kong i-highlight nila 'yung masakit, 'yung weakness ko, 'yung frailties ko. Akala ko kaya ko. Pero nung tinira ang anak ko, naawa ako so umikot eh. Tama na. Kasi hindi lang naman siguro ako, Tito Boy, ang tumahimik, diba? Tama na."

Asked to give a message to her son, Pangilinan cried again and said, "You have to be well, you have to function well. You have to life your life. You have to be independent. Mom will try to live long for you. But if I don't live long, you have to live well."

Apology

Pangilinan already apologized to Mendoza through a statement which was aired on ABS-CBN's "Showbiz News Ngayon" last week.

"I am deeply grieved and offer my sincere apology to IC Mendoza and his mother Dolly Anne Carvajal. Admittedly, I had gone beyond my normal limits in drinking and am so sorry for all the pain I've caused," the statement read.

On "The Buzz," Pangilinan said she apologized because "I don't want to hurt anyone."

"Kaya ako nag-snap because I was hurt. Galing ako dun eh. Ayokong makasakit. I think hurting is unacceptable," she said.

"Yes, nasaktan ko siya (Mendoza) kaya ako nag-sorry. And I want to stop that cycle [0of hurting others]."

Meanwhile, Pangilinan hopes that Mendoza and Carvajal will accept her apology.

"After everything, nalabas ko na, yes [I'm okay]. Now it's the guilt I have for IC because I hurt him and now I hope he accepts my apology," she said.

"I hope in the future we'll be able to talk."

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/08/07/11/candy-i-didnt-do-enough-protect-my-son

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More