Friday, May 13, 2011

'In The Name of Love' Earns P15-M on it's First Day

Star Cinema’s 18th anniversary offering “In The Name of Love” earned P15 million in ticket sales on its first showing day, “Showbiz News Ngayon” reported Wednesday.

On Tuesday, the red carpet was rolled out for the grand premiere of the acclaimed drama film.

The cast of the movie was at a loss for words as hundreds of fans flocked at SM Megamall in Mandaluyong City to show support.

Even the cast’s showbiz friends showed up and offered the whole team good words on the movie.

Actress Ruffa Gutierrez said she was moved to tears the moment she heard Gary Valenciano’s rendition of the movie’s soundtrack. She noted that the entire movie was great.

“They were great, I really felt the movie. You will really feel the pain in their hearts and what they did in the name of love. I suddenly thought , what have I really done in the name of love,“ she said.

Actress Bubbles Paraiso, on the other hand, said: “I can’t help myself but cry especially when the scenes became intense. I was trying to control my emotions but I can’t, but I brought tissues with me.”

Star Cinema managing director Malou Santos was amazed by the movie and showered the cast with praise.

“Aga is a very good actor, great performance! This is not the last movie of Aga with Star Cinema. Angel and Jake Cuenca, very great performances,” she said.

Muhlach’s wife, Charlene Gonzales, graced the event.

“It’s Philippine cinema at its finest. This movie is a masterpiece! I was crying from the beggining until the end. Tignan mo yung itsura ko,” she said.

“It’s overwhelming especially I know what they’ve gone through in the making of the movie,” Gonzales added.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/05/11/11/name-love-earns-p15-m-first-day

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More