Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Charice Joins Celebrities In Fight versus Heart Disease In US

NEW YORK, NY — “Glee” guest star Charice sparkled like a true star as she walked the red carpet at the Woman’s Day Red Dress Awards in New York Tuesday night.

The event commemorated the American Heart Month by honoring women who made significant contributions to the fight against heart disease.

Charice said the event hit close to home because her own little brother died of heart disease 15 years ago.

“It’s really important because I want, not only the women, but all the people around the world to take care of themselves, their hearts, so I’m really glad that I’m part of this charity event,” she said.

Celebrities who walked the red carpet included host Mario Lopez, modern pop-soul artists Cee-Lo, Red Dress Awardees like broadcast icon Barbara Walters and “Today” show co-anchor and NBC Dateline Correspondent Hoda Kotb.

Some of these big stars turned into big fans of Charice Tuesday night.





"Wait, I have one question for you, who is better than Charice? When she sang on 'Oprah' that time, I have to tell you, I stood up on my couch, applauded alone in my living room because I thought she sang like an angel," Kotb said.

Guiliana Rancic, host of E! News, was equally excited to see the 18-year-old Filipino songstress perform live onstage. "I'm very excited to see her perform tonight. I have never seen her perform, so I'm very excited."

Guests got up on their feet and danced to Charice’s version of “I Will Survive.” The audience also gave her a standing ovation after they were blown away by her performance. She also performed songs from the movie “The Bodyguard.”

Local and mainstream press can’t seem to get enough of this “Glee” guest star who made it to BuddyTV’s list of top 15 best performance of “Glee Season II” for Sunshine Corazon’s telephone duet with Rachel.

Almost every reporter asked Charice about her appearance on “Glee.”

Charice said: “I think that’s the coolest thing that happened ever in my life. And I’m really glad that I’m going back there. I can’t say when because I’ve seen a lot of interviews of sir Ryan Murphy (creator of Glee) and I think I’m going to stick to that.”

After her one "Glee" appearance, Charice is now a household name — and she’s only getting started.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More