Thursday, December 1, 2011

Charice Pempengco to appear on CNN's 'Talk Asia'

Charice is set to appear on CNN’s “Talk Asia” on Friday to talk about her humble beginnings and her journey to success.

The interview was done by CNN correspondent Anna Coren before Charice’s dad was stabbed dead last November 1 in Laguna province.

Charice said life was not easy growing up in a not so well-off and broken family.

Charice’s mom left her father years ago, bringing her and her brother along.

“Well, it was really a tough life, not really easy. My mom’s a single mom and she used to be my vocal coach and I really admire her. She’s definitely my inspiration and I look up to her a lot. I mean I decided to be a singer because of her. It was a tough life before but now this whole thing that happened to me really helped me a lot,” she said.

Charice said she had to join singing contests early on to help her mom financially.

“I told my mom to stop working because it was really hard. By the age of six, I was cooking rice and some stuff for my little brother. I was giving him the milk and everything… Every time I did all the singing contests and it was horrible,” she said.

“You start from 10 p.m. in the night and you finish at 7 a.m. in the morning and I had to go to school. She used to cry and she told me to stop and I said 'no' because that was the only way we could get a lot of money from it. I really sacrificed everything but at the same time, it felt great and it was worth it. Seeing my mom’s face every time I won made me feel great,” Charice added.

Charice also said she still gets overwhelmed by the turn of events in her life. She, however, believes she is still the simple girl she used to be.

“Yes. Yes I still get overwhelmed. It happened so fast but at the same time, I worked hard for it and I’m still working hard for it... For me, I’m still me. But, of course, my life has changed a lot. From the hard life, from a really tough life and now, I actually gave stuff that I really wanted to give to my mom,” she said.

The rest of Charice’s interview with “Talk Asia” will be available online at www.cnn.com/talkasia after the interview premieres on December 2 at 6:30 p.m., and on December 3 at 9:00 p.m. on CNN.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/12/01/11/charice-appear-cnn%E2%80%99s-talk-asia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More