Monday, December 26, 2011

Megan Young enjoys playing 'kontrabida' roles

Megan Young has admitted that she enjoys playing the role of a fierce antagonist rather than a lovable protagonist.

In an interview with Push.com.ph, the 21-year-old actress said, “It’s interesting to be the bitch. I love playing the bitch. It’s fun. It’s just something that’s not your typical bida role and it’s more fun playing character roles.”

Although she prefers taking on “kontrabida” roles, Young clarified that she is actually open to accept other types of roles, as long as it offers an interesting character.

“Okay sa akin kahit hindi kontrabida, basta okay ‘yung character," she said.

Proving this claim, she shared details about the diverse character she will portray in the upcoming ABS-CBN television series "Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Hiyas."

“My role there is Sapphire and I’m from the city. I own a company and my back story is about where I grew up. She’s a very giving person and she loves helping people," she said.

“My role in ‘Hiyas’ [is] very different. It’s so different kasi drama eh and siyempre kailangan in character ka, tapos ‘yung character ko sobrang opposite ko. She’s nice and pa-sweet siya eh,” she added.

Apart from acting, Young said she also hopes to venture into film production in the near future.

As a current filmmaking student in College of St. Benilde, she said, “Hopefully [I] maybe like get into directing or doing creative stuff like that [after I graduate].”

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/12/23/11/megan-young-enjoys-playing-kontrabida-roles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More