Monday, March 14, 2011

'ASAP' Welcomes Dolphy, Zsa Zsa's Daughter

Zia Quizon, the daughter of King of Comedy Dolphy and Divine Diva Zsa Zsa Padilla, has followed in the footsteps of her parents by joining the world of show business.

In an interview with "The Buzz," Quizon said she joined showbiz because she wants to become a singer.

"Parang nangyari lang. I just want to sing and it just kinda fall into place lang," she said.

She is now part of musical variety show “ASAP Rocks’” “Acoustic Republic” along with Sam Milby and Yeng Constantino, among others. She was welcomed by the group on Sunday on “ASAP.”

She also joined the roster of Star Records’ artists.

The newbie singer admitted that, at first, she had a hard time adjusting since she is not used to the limelight.

"Nahihirapan ako noong una dahil sa spotlight. My parents [sanay] sila. Ako, I wasn't used to that. My mom really wanted me I guess to fulfill my potential lang talaga," she said.

Quizon, 19, said she loves jazz music and the blues. "Noong araw, when I was growing up, my dad will play ‘yong mga oldies talaga," she explained.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More