Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bianca Gonzalez Gives Thumbs up to Lino-Liz Romance

TV host-model Bianca Gonzalez said she harbors no ill-feelings toward the blossoming romance of her close friend, celebrity stylist Liz Uy, and her former boyfriend, director-politician Lino Cayentano.

In an interview with Karen Davila on ANC Headstart on Friday, Gonzalez revealed that she does not find it awkward now that Uy and Cayetano are seeing each other.

She disclosed that she and Uy were already friends even before her former boyfriend courted Uy.

“Ito nga ang nakakatawa diyan: Liz and I became close last year when I became single. She was the one who helped me live the life again so nauna si Liz sa buhay ko kaysa si Lino sa buhay niya so not at all awkward,” Gonzalez related.

Asked if she has no more feelings for Cayetano, she said: “Hindi naman sa i-deny na something ever happened except na I became so close to him and to his family na I feel like I’m more of an adopted little sister of their family than an ex girlfriend.”

PBB experience

In 2006, Gonzalez was among the celebrities chosen to join the first Pinoy Big Brother (PBB) celebrity edition. She was then in a relationship with Cayetano.

Unintentionally, Gonzalez fell for actor Zanjoe Marudo, a co-housemate.

After the reality show, Gonzalez and Cayetano decided to part ways because their relationship was consistently hunted then by the issue linking the former to Marudo.

The TV host, however, came to the defense of Cayetano saying he never really left her hanging after she went out of the PBB house almost 5 years ago.

“In all fairness to him, after PBB he stuck with me. Kumbaga, he helped me through it all – to rebuild my confidence, my self worth - except that in the long run, hindi talaga kinaya kasi nga it became an issue. So in the long run it was really the break up that was best for the both of us,” she explained.

Gonzalez also acknowledged that she was the one who had shortcomings in their relationship then.

“It was really my fault. Hindi ako nagmamalinis. I knew that I was in a relationship. I shouldn’t have allowed myself na maging ganoon ka-close [kay Zanjoe],” said Gonzalez.

The award-winning TV host said she is thankful for her PBB experience since it made her realize a lot of things about herself.

Showbiz career

Meanwhile, Gonzalez, who has a degree in AB Comminication Arts, believes that she was born to really be in the entertainment industry.

She said work is something that’s really making her happy. And her biggest break was when she took over Queen of All Media Kris Aquino’s hosting duties on “Showbiz News Ngayon” with Boy Abunda.

Gonzalez, however, stressed that acting is not really her passion. “No. Just hosting. It (acting) is not my passion. I don’t believe in doing things na hindi mo gusto or wala ang puso mo doon kasi parang it will be half-baked. Parang half-actress lang ako,” she said.

Unicef advocate

Aside from being a host, Gonzalez has taken on a new role -- that of a Unicef advocate.

According to her, it was 3 years ago when she started doing a little fund raising project for Unicef on a personal basis. Her friends and supporters then expressed their desire to help.

“When I had supporters and fans who said na 'Uy parang I want to help naman, I want to help you.' I was looking for some legit project that they can give donation too. I researched and then I saw that UNICEF had packages. What I did was I opened an online account and people started to donate their money...and then I was able to raise funds for UNICEF for 2 big projects,” Gonzalez related.

Last year, she was appointed Unicef Philippines Child Rights Supporter for her efforts to raise funds for education.

Gonzalez said she really wanted to help the less fortunate children and being a Unicef advocate is really a dream come true for her. 

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/03/19/11/bianca-gonzalez-gives-thumbs-lino-liz-romance

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More