Saturday, March 19, 2011

Melissa Mendez’s Car ‘Stolen’

Actress Melissa Mendez was at a loss when she rushed to the Quezon City Police District (QCPD) station 6 early Saturday morning because she was rattled by the news that her car was allegedly stolen.

In an interview with ABS-CBN News, Mendez related that she was sleeping soundly when her daughter woke her up because of an urgent phone call.

“Kasi I was already sleeping. And then at around 2 a.m., my daughter woke me up kasi somebody called up my cellphone. I was so much asleep na kasi I slept early because I have taping nga today. Tapos it was my friend, si Gloria, who called me up,” she said.

According to Mendez, it was her churchmate Gloria Gatmaitan who called her and asked her to check if her car was still in her house. She was then alarmed to find out that it wasn’t parked in the garage anymore.

“Sabi niya ‘Melissa, ‘yong kotse mo nasaan?’ So sabi ko nasa garahe. Alam ko nasa garahe lang talaga ang car ko. And then all of a sudden sabi niya i-check ko. Tapos when I went out sa garahe, wala na ang kotse ko. I found out nga na ang kotse ko nasa lugar na nila which is very far from my house. I found out na nadala na pala hanggang lugar nila ang car ko,” the actress related.

Based on the initial investigation, it was Mendez’s 17-year-old houseboy Daniel Lungasa who took her car and wrecked it.

“’Yong houseboy ko. Kaya nga I feel so dazed right now kasi parang hindi totoo. Ang dami dami ko ng problema. ‘Yong isang kotse ng anak ko pinapaayos ko rin. Tapos ito na naman, nasira na naman ang car kaya dinala na naman ng houseboy ko ng walang paalam na natutulog lang ako,” she said.

Lungasa is currently detained at QCPD station 6.

As of the moment, Mendez is still thinking whether she should file charges against the boy.

“I really don’t know yet kasi mabait naman ang bata. Naaawa naman ako. Right now I don’t really know what to do. I don’t know what my decision is. Pag-isipan ko muna ng mabuti and then I’ll make my decision. After my taping later, I’ll come back here kung ano ba talaga ang decision ko,” she said.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/03/19/11/melissa-mendez%E2%80%99s-car-%E2%80%98stolen%E2%80%99

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More