Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Iza fulfills dream of doing 'MMK'

Newest Kapamilya Iza Calzado will finally fulfill her dream -- to star in an episode of ABS-CBN's long-running drama series "Maalaala Mo Kaya" (MMK).

During her appearance on morning show "KrisTV," Calzado shared that her first project with ABS-CBN is an episode for MMK.

"Yes. This February, I think," Calzado told show's host Kris Aquino.

Calzado said it has always been her dream do an MMK episode.

A tearful Calzado admitted it wasn't easy for her to decide to transfer to ABS-CBN.

"Siguro kasi this is just a very big decision for me. It's a milestone in my life," Calzado said, as she wiped away her tears.

Calzado said that her move to the Kapamilya network was triggered by the death of her father Lito Calzado.

"Matagal na kasi namin itong pinag-uusapan ito ng father ko ng manager ko si Noel Ferrer. It has been on my mind for a long time. I wonder what it's like. Nag-start doon especially I worked with Star Cinema 'yung movie na Milan in 2004. Sabi ko paano kaya? Tapos iniisip ko ano kaya ang feeling ng mag-Maalaala Mo Kaya? Laging ganoon yung question.

"Then when my dad passed away when I received a posthumous award for him sa Star Awards biglang sabi ni Tita Maribeth Bechara sabi niya 'you know your dad wanted you to transfer to channel 2.' Tapos nagulat ako, nandoon kasi si ma'am Charo Santos-Concio at si Tita Cory Vidanes, sabi ko there's just, sign talaga. Tapos nag-isip ako ng nag-isip."

"Nagpunta pa ako ng Dubai to clear my mind. Nag-isip ako at pagbalik ko sabi ko sa manager ko ano na ang gagawin natin ngayon? Yung sa 7 do we meet with them. Tapos sabi niya 'do you want to hear what ABS-CBN want to offer you or if they are even interested.' So sabi ko you know what it's about time I should make an informed decision, I should know my options at least. Hindi yung sige ng sige ng hindi man lang kino-consider what's there. After 10 years I think tama naman din na tignan ko kung ano ang nasa ibang parte ng mundo kumbaga.

After MMK, Calzado said she will be doing a soap opera with director Wenn V. Deramas. She will soon host the new season of Pinoy Biggest Loser, replacing Sharon Cuneta.

Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertainment/01/31/12/iza-fulfills-dream-doing-mmk

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More